Freemantles Parents Group
The Freemantles Parents Grouptypically meets once per month during term time.
The Parents Group is a great opportunity for Freemantles parents to get together and discuss issues, ideas and solutions relevant to their children - refreshments are of course provided!
These meetings are currently overseen by Wendy Boothman, Family Support Worker, and we try to offer a variety of training opportunities and guest speakers when possible.
Dates for your Diary - Parents' Groups 2020/21
Summaries of information from each Parents Group are published in the subsequent edition of the Freemantles School Newsletter.
Family Support Worker
My name is Wendy Boothman and I am the Family Support Worker at Freemantles School. My 3 core working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday although I can be flexible.
My role is to help provide a link between the School and home and to offer support and guidance to you, whilst your child is at our School.
I aim to do this by:
Facilitating communication between the School and yourselves
- Organising support groups and drop-ins, to offer advice and a chance for you to talk informally with other parents / carers
- Offering one to one support and advice in a non-judgemental environment
- Arranging a home visit where necessary
- Arranging guest speakers at School, to advise on a range of topics
- Providing clear guidance on Special Educational Needs and offering support with your child’s autism
- Helping you to understand and access information from external agencies, that can offer support to your child
- Providing practical help and emotional support to you and your child, throughout times of crisis
- Providing support to you and your child, during times of change at School
If I can be of any help or you would like to speak to me about any matter, you can let your child's class teacher know or I can be contacted on: